Hey pixels!! As bloggers, sooner or later you’ll ask yourself this question. It’s a tricky question, trust me. I’ve asked it myself a few times since I started blogging. That was about 14 months ago. I know it’s not a lot of time, but I’ve learned a few things during this time.
First, it was hard to have good ideas about what to write. I found it annoying, because I wanted to post 3 times every week but ideas didn’t came to my mind. But, slowly, my skills have improved a bit, and now I have a couple of resources about where or how I can find more ideas. Don’t worry, my happy pixels. All the beginnings are hard, but the effort is worth. 😉
How to find ideas for blog posts
Let’s start from the basics. First of all you have to be sure about your blog subject. This is important. Be sure that you want to write about this subject for a long period of time. For example, if you’re not sure if you want to write about food, don’t do it. Change food for another thing, like sports or travelling. If you’re not having a good time writing, your readers will notice it. And the most important, you’ll end up abandoning your blog because, you know, you’ll get tired of it.
So, now we are sure we love our blog and writing about that particular thing, let’s see how to find a large number of ideas about it. I say large not because you have to come up with 1000 ideas the same day, but because you’ll keep writing about this subject for a time.
This is a list of ways to come up with ideas:
- Ask your friends, family and blog friends.
- Look on Pinterest, Instagram and other social media.
- Look at your surroundings; ideas are everywhere, you just have to find them.
- Look on google trends, or similar.
- Have a walk or ride your bike. Have a coffee. Relax. Stress and creativity are not friends.
- Read a good book.
- Watch a good film.
- If you have a big budget, travel. Travelling opens your mind. If, like me, you don’t have it, go on a one day trip to somewhere.
- Change your daily routine: try a new recipe, change your route to go to work…
- Keep a journal with your ideas.
I hope this will help you, my happy pixels!! Do you make any of this things? Are you going to try any of them? Please, let us know in the comments below.